Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Life in the Fast Lane

I was sure that this month I would have tons of time to get done everything I wanted to get done. But atlas it is the end of November and I hardly got anything done at all. I did see a dentist so I did accomplish one thing on my list. But I really thought I would finish my Christmas decor I'm making, make my sister's Christmas gift, get the house cleaned, catch up with all my old friends at home, see all of my family at home, and get healthy. Unfortunately it didn't really work out the way I planned. I am going to have to put off the gift I am making my sister for next year, I'm going to have to spend tons of time trying to get my house put together to enjoy it a couple of days before Christmas, and I am going to miss out on seeing a lot of people this month. I have successfully tried to get a little healthier. I'm still sore from my work out on Wednesday so I must be doing something right. Life is just always busy when you live it in the fast lane. Now I have an upcoming test and have to start getting busy getting done all the things for this rotation I was supposed to be doing all month. I will say that it has been overall an enjoyable month and I have learned a ton! My first couple of weeks I worked with a physician who does a lot of sports medicine and acute care. This last week I have worked with a physician who takes care of patients that are more chronic and more like the patients I am used to in my normal weekly clinics. I enjoyed the acute care a lot more, but I have still learned a lot of new information taking care of chronic patients in an insured population. The medications, tests, and options available for those with insurance are much different than those without. Since I don't have to deal with the documentation part of the medical world, I am able to see so many more patients and learn so much more by using my time to actually work with patients instead of spending hours working on documentation. After this week I will be switching over to Internal Medicine with my unit and I am looking forward to continuing on. This week with be another busy one with a couple Thanksgivings, the big football game, tests, and decorating. I'll have lots of updates coming the first week of December. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment